Sunday 2 February 2014

Emma's Star #8 - knit a book is back

Firstly, well late, but happy new year everybody! 

So this is the first 'knit a book' project of 2014. I'm hoping to get more than 7 patterns done this year or I might never get this project done. If I go at the same rate as last year we are talking about 14 years to get them all done!  Not acceptable, especially as they don't take long once you start.

So far I'm loving it and think my daughter has claimed it as she keeps stroking it and saying "I like that mummy"

I'm using the magic loop technique for the hat. According to the pattern you should use 5 (yes 5!) DPNs. Seriously 5!  I struggle sometimes keeping 4 in the right place when there are only a couple of stitches on each can you imagine 5? Thank goodness for magic loop

Well I'm going to get off and get done more beret knit 

Cheerio for now

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! That self striping yarn is nice. Did you say it was Drops?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Drops Fable, comes in sock yarn and Aran weight. Really nice to work with and a good selection of colours x

      Delete