Monday 9 December 2013

Horizontal Rib Hat #7 - blink and you'll miss it

Yes, that how quickly I knit this hat, well slight (huge) exaggeration.

I made the hat on DPNs as my smallest circular needle wasn't small enough. The pattern does suggest you use sock yarn doubled throughout, however I'm currently making a cowl in DK and used that so they match (well colour wise but not pattern wise). Plus seriously who can be arsed to find the center of a ball!


A tip for casting on using DPNs, which you all probably know.  I find it easier to cast on using two needles then split the stitches from the beginning onto 3 needles. If i try and cast on over 3 needles i find i get into a twist.  For example you need to cast on 60. Using two DPNs cast on 40 stitches.  From the beginning then slip 20 stitches onto another DPN, then cast on the final 20 stitches. Then as above slip stitches 21-40 onto a spare DPN, then swap you last and first stitch and your ready to rock n roll OR knit depending on what tickles your fancy.

A very very quick easy to follow knit which creates a lovely stretchy beanie hat. I knit this in less than a day, yes it was that quick.  A very good knit for beginners who want to give 3 needle knitting a go.




As you can see I was lucky enough to grab a passing princess to model.

This will be last knit a book project this year. I have other knitting I need to do for Christmas, I should have it noshed by February!

The saga will continue in January with project #8.



2 comments: